Sunday 11 September 2011

Its been a bit quiet

I haven't written for a week or so as I've been rather tied up with other stuff. However I haven't been totally idle and managed to get an order away for a box of the Victrix Imperial Guard. I still have yet to fully come to terms with the fact that I am sitting in a metal box in a FOB in Helmand and can order model figures from an address in Bracknell. I also ordered a pot of the new Vallejo basing mix. It says that you can apply it with a paint brush and voila, instant terrain. I hope so. If I can find a shortcut that means I don't have to go through the palaver of sticking the figures on a base, putting polyfilla on, adding sand and grit and then painting it then I shall be very happy. There's always a stray lump of glue that finds it way halfway up the backlegs of some figures you have spent ages painting and you never notice it until it's too late.

I've also been watching the regular 'attack the editor' skirmish that has been taking place on TMP. I'm reminded of the quote - forget who - that said about hostile media 'they can say what they like about me as long as they spell my name right'. Anyway I've commented before at my bemusement on sci fi figures and the like so I scratched my head vigourously  at a contributor to the website who said 'When are the Space Demons with bioweapons coming out? I really need those as well. Any plans to make even larger bioweapon creatures?' It's the 'really need' bit that I cannot fathom.


I also see that Colours took place on the weekend just gone. I'm an irregular attender at shows. I find that its a bit like Christmas. The build up is the best bit and then once it's gone you end up wondering what the fuss was all about. And hey, guess what, I take a rucsack which probably renders me beyond the pale.



No comments:

Post a Comment