Friday 14 October 2011

Back again

I've had a short rest and am now back in good old Helmand again. At least now the weather is cooling down - it's hard to forget after a summer where temperatures are routinely in the high 40's just how cold it can get here in winter especially at night.

I was able to get a little bit of painting in during my leave. The Victrx Old Guard are coming along and I managed to finish 11 of them. I was quite pleased with them and had intended to put some work in progress pictures up but didn't get around to it so I'll aim to do that when I'm next at home. I even managed to get a dark blue for the greatcoats that I was pleased with. Given that they are pretty straightforward figures once you are used to them I aimed for 4 layers - 1. VMC Black and Dark Prussian Blue. 2. DPB 3. DPB and a touch of grey blue 4. DPB and a bit more grey blue.

I also bought a copy of Wargames Illustrated for the first time in a while. It's the copy with the Saxons on the front - I'm not sure what month it is - but I think it's very good. Very heavy on pictures including an impressive ECW layout. I'm not sure what the general consensus is on the magazine these days but I find it to be an enjoyable 'read in the bath' experience.

2 comments:

  1. Take care whilst you are there
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care in Helmand. Also Wargames Illustrated is a bit of a mixed bag for me, depends on the particular theme before I decide to buy. Did get the one with the saxons on the front.

    ReplyDelete