Thursday 26 December 2013

Flames

I'm doing a lot of commission work at the moment (thanks again to those who choose to use me) but I try to make time each day to do my own stuff. It means that I dont get bored with the commercial piece but also allows me to experiment with different techniques and eras. The French Napoleonics come into this category - the downside however is that units take ages to complete.

There was a time when I seemed to do nothing but Flames of War. I remember watching in absolute disbelief as a Platoon of Panzer Grenadiers on eBay went from £20 to £120 in a matter of seconds. The bubble has long burst (I think) but it meant that I had a few bits and pieces lying around. I quite liked the German Platoon in greatcoats and thought that they might make a nice change so I painted up a group of them. The first 15mm figures I've done in ages.




One base full looks a little lonely but I was surprised at how quickly they came together. It must be the simple colour shceme. No doubt camouflage would take a lot longer. Anyway I'll aim to do the full Platoon and will post them up when finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment